The injection mold, as the most important production tool in an injection molding factory, determines the shape, specification, size, and appearance finish of the product. The material of the mold is steel and generally consists of a front mold and a back mold.
1. Protection of mold
Since the mold has the characteristics of specificity, precision, and fragility, it is crucial to carry out the safety protection of the mold, which is summarized in the following aspects.
(1) Anti-rust: to prevent the injection mold from rusting caused by water leakage, condensation, rain, handprints, etc.
(2) anti-collision: to prevent the mold from breaking due to the ejector pin, not being back in place and caused by the phenomenon of mold collision.
(3) Removal of thorns: to prevent the mold burrs caused by cloth wipe, material punch, hand wipe, water mouth pliers touch, knife touch.
(4) lack of parts: to prevent the mold due to the lack of tie rods, washers, and other parts and cause damage to the mold in the process of use.
(5) anti-pressure: to prevent the mold due to still residual products and mold lock caused by mold crushing.
(6) Under pressure: to prevent the mold from damage caused by too much low-pressure protection pressure.
Among them, the proportion of mold damage caused by broken ejector pin, ejector pin not back in place, mold residual products, lack of auxiliary parts is high, and because it happens more frequently, therefore, more than 85% of mold damage is caused by this reason, and mold repair costs are generally high, therefore, how to avoid such situations, directly related to the interests of the injection molding industry.
In order to prevent production delays caused by mold damage and high repair costs, as well as to better save labor resources, a company has developed a product called "mold protector" using machine vision technology after continuous research and improvement.
Mold monitor, or mold protector, also known as mold electronic eye, can effectively protect the value of expensive mold. Some mold experts say that the mold protection system, installed on the injection molding machine
, can directly check whether the product is qualified and check for residues before closing the mold to prevent mold pinching.
When the injection molding machine
is running, in each cycle, the expensive mold may be in danger of damage due to plastic residue or slider misalignment. The mold protector can prevent these situations from happening, automatically preventing mold closure and alarming when abnormalities occur.
2. Mold maintenance
(1) When dismantling the mold, avoid bruising and drenching, and move smoothly.
(2) Spray hot mold, then spray a small amount of mold release agent.
(3) Check the mold thoroughly, and carry out anti-rust treatment, carefully wipe dry the moisture and debris in the cavity, core, ejector mechanism, and line position, etc., and spray mold anti-rust agent and apply grease.
3. Mold maintenance
In the process of continuous work, the mold needs to be maintained because of the wear and tear of parts, deterioration of lubricant, water leakage, and crushing of plastic material during the movement.
Mold maintenance is generally divided into daily maintenance and down mold maintenance.
(1) Mold daily maintenance, generally contains the following aspects.
1) Regular rust removal (appearance, PL surface, mold cavity, core, etc.).
2) Regular re-lubrication (ejector mechanism, line position, etc.).
3) Replacement of easy-to-wear parts (tie rods, bolts, etc.) on a regular basis.
(2) The lower mold maintenance of the mold requires professional maintenance personnel to remove the mold and protect the mold cavity, ejector pin, etc. with professional testing.